Complete Guide to User Experience Design (UXD) & Testing
All Skill Levels | Edinburgh
Complete Guide to User Experience Design & Testing
Maximise your performance using UX design and testing principles.
We’re in a digital age where the customer holds all the power.
The complete guide to UX design and testing will help professionals and enterprises that want to work with, or within, a UX team to ensure the user is at the centre of everything they do.
This course will give you the knowledge and motivation to apply UX design and testing principles to maximise the performance of your website or app.
You’ll learn how to follow a user centred design (UCD) process, how to build a memorable picture of the target audience, how to apply UCD principles to new designs, how to critique existing ones and measure performance.
Each .Course is guided by the people who are taking part, be sure to tell us all about yourself and your ideal objectives beforehand and we'll tailor your digital marketing session to you (and your fellow attendees) as much as possible.
What will my day look like?
Expect tons of interaction, discussion, debate and group exercises...
...like: building a memorable picture of the target audience, applying UCD principles to new designs and critique existing ones.
- 2 Day Classroom Course
- 9.30am – 4.30pm (Meals & snacks on us!)
- Up to 20 participants
- City Centre location – The Scotch Whisky Experience
An engaging, interactive session with digital takeaways, including a UCD flow.
The group of up to 20 participants ensures you get the answers you are looking for and to spark great conversations without anyone getting lost in the crowd.
You’ll also get virtual access to the trainer if you have any questions after the session as well as everything you need to start applying your new knowledge in the real world.
Should I take this course?
Graduates and Marketing Newbies
If you've recently graduated from a course that looks at interface design or you're in a new UX role or even if you've just caught the UX 'bug', we can show you how to apply your knowledge to the real world.
Seasoned Marketing Professionals
Perfect for professional marketers, designers or engineers who want to know how to work with a UX team. Ideal whether you’ve a specific project in mind or not, increase your current skillset and avoid being siloed.
Enterprises and SME Businesses
Is your business embarking on a new design project or less than thrilled with one you’ve just completed? UX training will help you get on the right track to follow a customer centred design process that works.
How will I benefit?
You will walk out the door understanding:
- The principals of User Experience and how they relate to your role
- How to advocate for the user
- How to work with or slot into a UX team
- How to embed UX within your organisation
You will be able to:
- Follow a user centred design (UCD) process
- Plan your own user centred design project
- Build a memorable picture of the target audience
- Critique & apply UXD principles to new and existing designs
- Track & measure your success
What you will learn
- The power of the user
- Guiding principles
- The UCD process
- Lean/Agile and Waterfall UX
- Planning a UCD project
Essential pre-training considerations:
- What influence does the customer/client have on my business?
- Why is UX so important?
- How does it work?
- Where data comes from
- User research methods
- Audience segmentation
- Working with personas
- Mapping the user journey
- What matters to my users?
- Where can I find them and what do they respond to?
- Who influences my audience?
- Questionnaires, interviews and focus groups
- Remote v moderated user testing
- Content strategy
- Information architecture
- Interface design tools
- Interaction design
- What do users need Vs what users want?
- How do we prioritise and convey user’s requirements?
- How do we do this with little funding?
- Hallmarks of an expert review
- Setting your heuristics
- Evaluating designs
- Where are our pain points?
- Where are our opportunities?
- How can we address known issues?
- Influencing, convincing and educating
- Setting UX strategy
- Who is affected by poor UX, and how?
- Who has the power to make a change?
- How can we help them make a case for UX?
- Benchmarking and measuring design success
- User testing, lab based, guerrilla & remote
- UX research tools and technology (eye tracking, mobile recording and others)
- Website/app analytics
- A/B & multivariate testing
- What makes a design a success?
- How can we prove our successes?
- Where do we go from here?
Exceed your customer's expectations by mastering User Experience DesignBook this .Course
As an experienced user experience designer and CRO consultant, I am passionate about using data to inform the design and optimisation of web, mobile and responsive sites rather than drive design work and testing; it removes the guesswork out of decision making.
Owner and founder of Informed Design, Sarah has 15 years of digital marketing experience and she spent eight of those with one of the top digital agencies in Europe. Used to leading complex international design and marketing campaigns for brands of all sizes, she's got a real eye for detail as well as plenty of exciting ideas for the bigger picture.
An enthusiastic trainer who's also the driving force behind countless fantastic UX and CRO campaigns, Sarah's a warm, calming and inspiring presence.
In the 'Age of the Consumer', understanding user centred design is your trump card
Where are we hosting you? The Scotch Whisky Experience Vaults, of course! A peaceful wee gem, overlooking the city, with state of the art tech and the perfect working vibe. There will be plenty of space for spreading out and delicious, Scottish meals and snacks to keep your creative fire stoked..Contact
Booked your session already?
Get all the details you need here.
Informed Design on TDCo Blog
Read the posts the Informed Design team can't wait to shareRead Blog
UX Skills Test
Think you know everything about User Experience?Take Test
Check out our related .Courses
Looking to add an extra topping for your skills smorgasbord?
Mix and match .Courses to find your perfect combination.
Looking for In-House Training? Try .Co-Create
If you're a business in need of some truly flexible and completely collaborative training for your teams, we've got just the solution for you.Let's Co-Create