Using social media to drive brand engagement
All Levels | Edinburgh
Using social media to drive brand engagement
Understand what it takes to enjoy social success.
Engagement is the holy grail of social media success, but achieving the engagement levels your business wants and needs and dropping that “we should be on every network” mentality is no small task.
This course looks at different techniques and content components that allow you to drive brand engagement with your target audience, helping you to determine the best way to standout from the crowd and carve a space for your business in the social sphere.
We'll cover all of the major elements of creating social campaigns as well as look at good and bad, real life, social media examples.
You'll learn how to set engagement objectives, understand your target audiences and measure engagement across your different social media channels.
All of our .Courses are guided by the people who are taking part, be sure to tell us all about yourself and your ideal objectives beforehand and we'll tailor your digital marketing session to you (and your fellow attendees) as much as possible.
What will my day look like?
Expect a best practice approach to driving brand engagement through social media and content...
... Brought to life by recent examples, made relevant to you through discussion and debate.
- 1/2 Day Classroom Course
- 9.30am – 1.30pm (Meals & snacks on us!)
- No more than 20 participants
- City Centre location – The Scotch Whisky Experience
An engaging, interactive session based on a presentation and videos with digital takeaways including a framework for setting engagement objectives and measuring engagement across each social media platform.
The group of up to 20 participants ensures you get the answers you are looking for and to spark great conversations without anyone getting lost in the crowd.
You’ll also get virtual access to the trainer if you have any questions after the session as well as everything you need to start applying your new knowledge in the real world.
Should I take this course?
Social Media Newstarts
Never developed a social media strategy before? Got a little experience but hoping to improve social media and content engagement levels? This course will show you how.
Content and Marketing Managers
If you're an established marketer hoping to update your social media skills, you're responsible for creating social and content strategies or you're interested in seeing how social can impact the success of your campaigns, this training is for you.
Businesses aiming to improve engagement
No business can afford to ignore social media these days and a cursory effort is almost as bad as no presence at all. Train your team to recognise social opportunities, to create compelling campaigns and to measure and monitor campaign success.
How will I benefit?
You will walk out the door understanding:
- The importance of social media when building awareness and engagement
- The key components that drive brand engagement across content and social media
- The critical social media engagement metrics
- How to measure engagement across multiple platforms
You will be able to:
- Create and implement a social media strategy that's right for you
- Utilise the key components of social media to deliver effective campaigns
- Identify, set up, measure and analyse the key engagement metrics for your social media strategy
What you will learn
- Overview of social media networks, tools, measurement and techniques
Essential pre-training considerations:
- Where am I now?
- Do I know if I am successful at social media?
- Overview of successful social media and content examples
- Principles framework and checklist to building an effective social media engagement strategy
- What principles do I need to consider for success?
- Techniques include:
- Post timing
- Content format & type
- Push and pull tactics
- Focus on your target audiences
- Platform selection
- Resource allocation
- Do I understand how to build engagement?
- Do I know how it fits into a wider social media strategy?
- Learn how to audit your current performance, set objectives and how to measure engagement across each platform
- Do I have a social media engagement measurement framework?
- How can I measure engagement?
- What do I want to achieve from my social media activity?
- Improving performance
- Reviewing the existing strategy
- Budget allocation
- Synergy with PR and content strategies
- How do I implement these principles?
- Do I have all the information or resources I need to produce a social media strategy?
- How do I work in synergy with other digital activities?
Stop preaching to your social audience and learn how to engage it insteadBook this .Course
I have always been a massive social media geek and love helping brands understand the millions of ways it can grow their businesses. I am passionate about my role as a trainer as it allows me to meet and help other marketers to work through concepts that can positively impact their business
Social Media Mastery
Currently head of Social Media at 8 Million Stories and has more than 12 years' of experience under his belt. What's more, Simon's got social and strategising skill to share.
Simon has exceptional experience within the industry having led digital strategies for brands such as Starwood Hotels, Burts Bees and Skype. He's also been in an international role since 2008, making him the ideal guy to help you get to grips with a strategy spanning several markets.
There's no 'one size fits all' solution to social media engagement, discover the right path for your brand
Where are we hosting you? The Scotch Whisky Experience Vaults, of course! A peaceful wee gem, overlooking the city, with state of the art tech and the perfect working vibe. There will be plenty of space for spreading out and delicious, Scottish meals and snacks to keep your creative fire stoked..Contact
Booked your session already?
Get all the details you need here.
8 Million Stories on TDCo Blog
Read the posts the 8MS team can't wait to shareRead Blog
Social Media Skills Test
Think you know everything about Social Media?Take Test
Check out our related .Courses
Looking to add an extra topping for your skills smorgasbord?
Mix and match .Courses to find your perfect combination.
Looking for In-House Training? Try .Co-Create
If you're a business in need of some truly flexible and completely collaborative training for your teams, we've got just the solution for you.Let's Co-Create