Complete Guide to Social Media
All Levels | Edinburgh
Complete Guide to Social Media
Gain a comprehensive insight on how Social Media is changing marketing.
Social media advertising is still in its infancy, but the targeting options available through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and others are revolutionising how marketing budgets are distributed.
We look at the best forms of social media advertising, including which ones are most suitable for your brand.
This course looks at how brands use social media, which platforms are important and the impact that a continually mobile-consumer driven approach is having on in digital. We will give you an understanding of responsive content, mobile consumption and different content types so you can develop your social media strategy for success.
All of our .Courses are guided by the people who are taking part, be sure to tell us all about yourself and your ideal objectives beforehand and we'll tailor your digital marketing session to you (and your fellow attendees) as much as possible.
What will my day look like?
Expect a history of social media platforms, including key milestones and consumption habits that propelled it to be the number one online activity.
Get an overview of the most used and most important platforms globally, and a best practice approach to setting up your social media channels, made relevant to you through discussion and debate.
- 1 Day Classroom Course
- 9.30am – 4.30pm (Meals & snacks on us!)
- No more than 20 participants
- City Centre location – The Scotch Whisky Experience
An engaging, interactive session based on a presentation with video - questions will be highly encouraged! You'll also receive digital takeaways, including a framework for setting a social media strategy, including a quarterly content calendar for measuring successes.
The group of up to 20 participants ensures you get the answers you are looking for and to spark great conversations without anyone getting lost in the crowd.
You’ll also get virtual access to the trainer if you have any questions after the session as well as everything you need to start applying your new knowledge in the real world.
Should I take this course?
If you're already skilled in creating quality content and orchestrating successful campaigns, this training will show you to how to add social media into the mix to maximum impact.
Digital Marketers and Decision Makers
Never developed social media strategies before? Hoping to improve your social media knowledge levels? This course will provide you with the insights and tools you need to create successful campaigns.
Businesses aiming to manage their social media
Update your social media campaigns and look to future campaigns with confidence by discovering how social media can be measured, how it can work in synergy with influencer outreach and PR, and how it can impact overall campaigns.
How will I benefit?
You will walk out the door understanding:
- The history of social media
- The critical factors you need to consider for your social strategy
- The importance of setting objectives and measuring social media performance
- How to plan social media content in order to drive awareness and success
- Where content consumption habits may be heading in the future
You will be able to:
- Create an objective-led social media strategy
- Plan, set up and manage organic media activity
- Measure success across different social media platforms
- Identify and target your audience with paid social
What you will learn
- Overview of social media networks, key milestones and the top networks both in the UK and globally
Essential pre-training considerations:
- What are the most used platforms?
- Which platforms are most important to my business?
- What is the audience profile for each platform?
- What does the global social media picture look like?
- Overview of how the iPhone provided the catalyst for social media activity
- Content consumption habits in the UK, including the area of ‘dark social'
- Why should I have a mobile first mindset?
- How has content consumption changed over the last few years?
- Learn how to audit your current performance, set objectives and how to measure engagement across each platform
- Tracking differences between Analytics & social platforms
- What do I want to achieve from my social media activity?
- Do I have an effective social media strategy?
- How do I develop one?
- How do I measure my performance?
- Techniques include:
- Post timing
- Content format, topics & policies
- Focus on your target audiences and how to identify new audiences
- Platform selection
- Resource allocation
- Targeting options:
- Campaign types & targeting techniques
- Flexible targeting
- Utilizing other data sources
- Ad testing
- What are the key components that define an effective social media strategy?
- How does paid social fit into an organic social media strategy?
- How do I utilise the targeting options based on multiple objectives?
- Objective setting
- Improving performance
- Reviewing the existing strategy
- Budget allocation
- Synergy with PR and content strategies
- How do I implement these techniques?
- How can I plan for the future?
- How do I work in synergy with other digital activities?
Discover the techniques, strategy considerations and current trends you need to master social mediaBook this .Course
I have always been a massive social media geek and love helping brands understand the millions of ways it can grow their businesses. I am passionate about my role as a trainer as it allows me to meet and help other marketers to work through concepts that can positively impact their business
Award Winning Blogger
Currently head of Social Media at 8 Million Stories and has more than 12 years' of experience under his belt. What's more, Simon's got social and strategising skill to share.
Simon has exceptional experience within the industry having led digital strategies for brands such as Starwood Hotels, Burts Bees and Skype. He's also been in an international role since 2008, making him the ideal guy to help you get to grips with a strategy spanning several markets.
The great thing about paid media is the ability to accurately measure your campaigns effectiveness. But with so many Paid Advertising platforms and targeting options, it is difficult to know where to start. Working as a trainer allows me to teach brands on how to be more effective in paid media and ensure any budget being spent is driving incremental value
Paid Media Guru
A Dutch national who moved to the UK to pursue his digital marketing dreams, Jesper has spent the last six years fulfilling them.
Specialising in PPC and Paid Social campaigns, he's headed up campaigns with exciting large brand clients like Blackcircles.com, BBC, Country Attire and Glenfiddich and always happy to chat through the ins and outs of paid strategies.
You need to understand where social media has come from so you can get where it's going next
Where are we hosting you? The Scotch Whisky Experience Vaults, of course! A peaceful wee gem, overlooking the city, with state of the art tech and the perfect working vibe. There will be plenty of space for spreading out and delicious, Scottish meals and snacks to keep your creative fire stoked..Contact
Booked your session already?
Get all the details you need here.
8 Million Stories on TDCo Blog
Read the posts the 8MS team can't wait to shareRead Blog
Content Skills Test
Think you know everything about Content Marketing?Take Test
Check out our related .Courses
Looking to add an extra topping for your skills smorgasbord?
Mix and match .Courses to find your perfect combination.
Looking for In-House Training? Try .Co-Create
If you're a business in need of some truly flexible and completely collaborative training for your teams, we've got just the solution for you.Let's Co-Create