Complete Guide to Modern SEO
All Levels | Edinburgh
Complete Guide to Modern SEO
Learn how to deploy SEO techniques for maximum effect.
Search Engine Optimisation, or SEO, is one of the most cost effective marketing channels available to businesses. When done correctly, it can ensure companies rank within search engines for the keywords that are most relevant to their business.
Training will take you through the basic pillars of SEO; from identifying relevant keywords, to creating content that can help you target them. We will look at technical SEO as our experts guide you through the process of search engine optimisation.
We will also look at how you can integrate SEO in wider digital and marketing activities, so you can create, seamless, multi-channel campaigns.
All of our .Courses are guided by the people who are taking part, be sure to tell us all about yourself and your ideal objectives beforehand and we'll tailor your digital marketing session to you (and your fellow attendees) as much as possible.
What will my day look like?
Expect an introduction to search engine optimisation and step-by-step approach to building your SEO strategy...
... Brought to life by practical examples, made relevant to you through discussion and debate.
- 1 Day Classroom Course
- 9.30am – 4.30pm (Meals & snacks on us!)
- No more than 20 participants
- City Centre location – The Scotch Whisky Experience
An engaging, interactive session based on a presentation with digital takeaways, including a framework for developing your SEO strategy.
The group of up to 20 participants ensures you get the answers you are looking for and to spark great conversations without anyone getting lost in the crowd.
You’ll also get virtual access to the trainer if you have any questions after the session as well as everything you need to start applying your new knowledge in the real world.
Should I take this course?
Digital Marketing Newbies
This training is ideal for anyone who's just starting out in digital marketing and who's looking to develop a solid understanding of search engine optimisation and how it can fit seamlessly with a content and digital marketing strategy.
Marketers needing SEO knowledge
Perfect if you're an experienced marketer who has limited or no experience in SEO, this course will expand your knowledge and boost your understanding of modern, digital marketing as a whole.
Businesses aiming to improve awareness
Make sure your team has a solid understanding of SEO and how it should inform digital marketing and online decisions so you can harness one of most cost effective marketing channels available to your business.
How will I benefit?
You will walk out the door understanding:
- The role SEO can play for your business / clients
- The building blocks required for an effective, performance-focused, SEO strategy
- How search engines work and key factors for success
- Why your audience should be at the core of your SEO strategy
You will be able to:
- Recognise the key factors that impact your organic search performance
- Perform a top level SEO review of your site
- Have educated SEO conversations with your wider internal teams
- Create a comprehensive SEO brief or checklist for your agency
What you will learn
- What is SEO
- Overview of the search landscape over the years
- Key terminology
Essential pre-training considerations:
- What is SEO and why is it important?
- How do search engines work?
- Do I understand how SEO can work for me?
- Overview of SEO pillars
- SEO trends to consider
- An overview of the key elements to a performance-focused SEO strategy
- Do I understand core elements to consider for good SEO?
- Do I know what affects search engine performance?
- Do I understand the importance of my audience in today’s search landscape?
- Building blocks include:
- Objectives, Benchmarking & KPIs
- Industry Landscape & Competitor analysis
- Target audience research
- Keyword research and optimisation
- Technical set-up
- Local optimisation
- External influence factors
- Measurement & analysis
- What are the building blocks required for a successful SEO strategy?
- Do I understand them?
- Which tools can I use to help with the process?
- Do I know how to measure SEO success?
- Do I know how to audit my SEO strategy?
- Case studies and examples from different industries
- Integration of SEO into the wider marketing mix
- What are the good and bad examples of SEO?
- How have different brands made SEO work for them?
- Starting from scratch
- Reviewing the existing strategy
- How do I kick-start the SEO process?
- Which elements should I consider first?
Let us help you make SEO your most cost effective marketing channelBook this .Course
After years in digital marketing, I am still fascinated by SEO. With constant algorithms updates and hundreds of misleading myths around “best practice”, I relish the challenge to create the right strategy for my clients. My training role with TDCo allows me to help brands cut through all the different views and develop an ethical, user-focused and modern SEO strategy
A Passionate SEO'er
Michael - also know as MJ - is passionate when it comes to SEO and with over seven years in the business, he's been instrumental in the success of hundreds of campaigns.
His roster of clients - past and present - includes a wide range of brands including British Airways, IKEA, Conde Nast, BBC and Glenfiddich. He always gives campaigns his all and specialising in making sure SEO is seamlessly linked into an overall marketing strategy.
Strong SEO values provide the perfect lynchpin for a dynamic, visible online presence
Where are we hosting you? The Scotch Whisky Experience Vaults, of course! A peaceful wee gem, overlooking the city, with state of the art tech and the perfect working vibe. There will be plenty of space for spreading out and delicious, Scottish meals and snacks to keep your creative fire stoked..Contact
Booked your session already?
Get all the details you need here.
8 Million Stories on TDCo Blog
Read the posts the 8MS team can't wait to shareRead Blog
SEO Skills Test
Think you know everything about SEO?Take Test
Check out our related .Courses
Looking to add an extra topping for your skills smorgasbord?
Mix and match .Courses to find your perfect combination.
Looking for In-House Training? Try .Co-Create
If you're a business in need of some truly flexible and completely collaborative training for your teams, we've got just the solution for you.Let's Co-Create