Complete Guide to Modern Paid Search (PPC)
All Levels | Edinburgh
Complete Guide to Modern Paid Search (PPC)
Everything you need to know to run your own, powerful PPC campaign.
While it's an incredibly valuable tool in the online marketing arsenal, Paid search (or PPC) is also an increasingly expensive medium.
You now have an ever expanding number of settings, metrics, reports and bid modifications available at your disposal. As a result, it’s easy to become distracted from the key areas that are going to ensure your PPC activity is driving incremental value and growth to your business.
The course will cover all the key elements required to run a modern paid search campaign including creating a successful account structure, keyword set, advert copy process, bid management and reporting process.
All of our .Courses are guided by the people who are taking part, be sure to tell us all about yourself and your ideal objectives beforehand and we'll tailor your digital marketing session to you (and your fellow attendees) as much as possible.
What will my day look like?
Expect a step-by-step approach to Paid Search...
... From building an account and keyword selection to analysis and optimisation.
- 1 Day Classroom Course
- 9.30am – 4.30pm (Meals & snacks on us!)
- No more than 20 participants
- City Centre location – The Scotch Whisky Experience
An engaging, interactive session based on a presentation with examples relating to your industry. It also includes digital takeaways and detailed information regarding all the ground principles of paid search.
The group of up to 20 participants ensures you get the answers you are looking for and to spark great conversations without anyone getting lost in the crowd.
You’ll also get virtual access to the trainer if you have any questions after the session as well as everything you need to start applying your new knowledge in the real world.
Should I take this course?
Paid Search Newbies
If you're a new graduate keen to build your knowledge in the real world or you've been working in digital marketing for a while without dabbling in PPC, this session will give you the groundwork you need to get started.
Marketers with PPC Experience
Take your PPC understanding and experience to the next level with a session geared to help you maximise the potential of your campaigns. Perfect if you want to expand your knowledge and improve your digital marketing skillset.
Businesses improving PPC capabilities
Already have a paid search account but worried it's not reaching its full potential? Worried your team is lacking in knowledge when it comes to PPC? This session will give you a firm foundation to build on.
How will I benefit?
You will walk out the door understanding:
- The critical components required to build a successful paid search strategy
- How to run a paid search account towards clear business objectives
- The importance of tracking and measuring paid search performance
- Paid search best practice and tips for efficiencies
You will be able to:
- Audit your paid search account
- Run and optimise a paid search account with clear objectives
- Measure, analyse and report on performance against goals
- Implement the correct bidding strategy for you and your business
What you will learn
- The Paid Search landscape
- What is PPC
Essential pre-training considerations:
- Do I understand what the PPC landscape is in todays marketing world?
- Do I understand what 'good PPC' is?
- Understand what a PPC account looks like
- Understand PPC success metrics
- Examples of Paid Search Metrics:
- Identifying what success metrics suit your objectives
- Do I understand the difference between Google & Bing?
- Do I understand the available features in paid search?
- Do I know how they can impact my performance?
- Do I understand the key metrics when assessing my performance?
- Audience Research & Tools
- Keyword Research & Tools
- Keyword Selection
- Match Types
- Campaign & Ad group structure
- Landing pages
- Do I know how to identify the correct keyword for my business?
- Do I know how to target them effectively?
- How do I know if I am set up up to succeed?
- What should I be considering from a website point of view?
- Ad Copy tips
- Explanation of all extension types
- Ad testing
- Aligning messaging between marketing campaigns
- Do I know how to write an optimal ad?
- Do I understand how to maximise ad extensions?
- Do I know how to align paid search with other marketing channels?
- Bidding strategy
- Search Query Reports
- Ad Schedules
- Bid Modification based on location & device.
- Remarketing for Search
- Automation to reduce time
- Bid management software
- Do I understand how to audit my PPC account?
- Do I understand how to measure my paid search performance?
- Do I know how to draw insights from my paid search performance?
- Do I bid strategically and optimally on paid search?
The last few years have seen some big changes for PPC, make sure your knowledge is bang up to dateBook this .Course
The great thing about paid media is the ability to accurately measure your campaigns effectiveness. But with so many Paid Advertising platforms and targeting options, it is difficult to know where to start. Working as a trainer allows me to teach brands on how to be more effective in paid media and ensure any budget being spent is driving incremental value
Paid Media Guru
A Dutch national who moved to the UK to pursue his digital marketing dreams, Jesper has spent the last six years fulfilling them.
Specialising in PPC and Paid Social campaigns, he's headed up campaigns with exciting large brand clients like Blackcircles.com, BBC, Country Attire and Glenfiddich and always happy to chat through the ins and outs of paid strategies.
Tempted to throw money at a PPC problem? Learn sleeker, smarter solutions instead
Where are we hosting you? The Scotch Whisky Experience Vaults, of course! A peaceful wee gem, overlooking the city, with state of the art tech and the perfect working vibe. There will be plenty of space for spreading out and delicious, Scottish meals and snacks to keep your creative fire stoked..Contact
Booked your session already?
Get all the details you need here.
8 Million Stories on TDCo Blog
Read the posts the 8MS team can't wait to share.Read Blog
PPC Skills Test
Think you know everything about PPC?Take Test
Check out our related .Courses
Looking to add an extra topping for your skills smorgasbord?
Mix and match .Courses to find your perfect combination.
Looking for In-House Training? Try .Co-Create
If you're a business in need of some truly flexible and completely collaborative training for your teams, we've got just the solution for you.Let's Co-Create