How to develop a digital marketing strategy for your business
All Skill Levels | Edinburgh
How to develop a digital marketing strategy for your business
The building blocks you need to grow your brand online.
To attract customers, you must answer their needs. To do this online, you need to offer an experience that is simple and captures attention quickly.
Our trainers are creating and delivering successful digital strategies as we speak. That is why we are perfectly positioned to help you understand how to create the perfect digital strategy for your business; this course offers a step-by-step approach to building an effective strategic digital marketing framework, from beginning to end.
Learn how to understand your audience, navigate through the large number of advertising platforms and channels out there and find those suited for your objectives. We will provide you will the building blocks you need to create your own, brand-centric campaigns.
All of our .Courses are guided by the people who are taking part, be sure to tell us all about yourself and your ideal objectives beforehand and we'll tailor your digital marketing session to you (and your fellow attendees) as much as possible.
What will my day look like?
Expect a step-by-step approach to building your digital marketing strategy brought to life by...
... Practical examples, made relevant to you through discussion and debate.
- 1 Day Intensive Course
- 9.30am – 4.30pm (Meals & snacks on us!)
- No more than 10 participants
- City Centre location – The Scotch Whisky Experience
An engaging, interactive session based on a presentation with digital takeaways, including a framework for developing your digital marketing strategy.
The small group of 10 participants ensures you get the answers you are looking for and to spark great conversations without anyone getting lost in the crowd.
You’ll also get virtual access to the trainer if you have any questions after the session as well as everything you need to start work on your own strategy.
Should I take this course?
Digital Marketers starting out
If you understand the basics of marketing, but you've never developed integrated marketing strategies before or you'd simply like to extend and improve your online marketing skills for future projects, this is the course for you.
Experienced Marketers looking for digital Know-how
Already experienced with a senior or managerial position? Responsible for shaping marketing decisions in your organisation? Digital marketing strategy training will extend, update and solidify your skills.
Businesses in need of strategy guidance
Get a holistic view of how digital marketing is planned towards your overall business objectives and understand how all elements of the digital marketing mix can fit together into a coherent, objective-focused strategy to boost your brand.
How will I benefit?
You will walk out the door understanding:
- The elements, approach and building blocks required to build a digital marketing strategy
- How the different marketing strategy building blocks tie together
- What role different online channels and platforms can play for your business
- How to develop a measured and well-considered strategy and coherent plan for your organisation
You will be able to:
- Use the digital marketing strategy framework for your business
- Identify the impact digital marketing channels can have on the bottom line
- Set all important KPIs and measure digital performance
- Build your own digital strategy
What you will learn
- What is digital marketing strategy
- Overview of digital marketing components, channels, techniques
Essential Pre-Training Considerations
- Do I have digital marketing strategy?
- Does the wider team know about the strategy?
- Overview of strategy & planning models
- Framework and process to building an effective digital marketing strategy
- How was the digital marketing strategy created?
- Building blocks include:
- Objectives, Benchmarking & KPIs
- Business strengths, weaknesses, USPs
- Industry Landscape & Competitors
- Target audiences
- Channel analysis & selection
- Budget distribution
- What does a strategy actually look like?
- Do I understand the digital marketing building blocks?
- How do they will feed into our strategy development?
- Why they are important to my business?
- Digital marketing strategy development
- Examples from different industries
- Who has done this well?
- Which brand do I admire?
- How have different brands put in place digital marketing strategies?
- What is next for my strategy?
- Starting from scratch
- Reviewing the existing strategy
- Management buy-in
- Resourcing & structure
- Data & infrastructure
- Where do I kick-start this process?
- What do I do if I don’t have all the information or resources?
- Is there a way to prioritise?
- When do I know it is finished?
The online world is vast, learn the strategy building blocks you need to make a digital splash for your brandBook this .Course
In my day to day agency role, I help brands focus and achieve their goals through bespoke digital marketing strategies. Being a trainer allows me to talk to digital marketers of all levels, learn more about their unique objectives and challenges and coach different ways of driving digital performance
Cross digital pioneer
As the Head of Client Services, Pam has an exceptional ability to see to the heart of a client's individual needs. She's got 10 years of experience and has overseen largest international digital marketing campaigns around.
Working with brands like British Airways, BBC and Tesco Direct, Pam has put her longstanding SEO skills to good use. Now, she specialises in helping businesses develop and refine digital and content strategies that make a difference.
Wondering how other brands navigate the digital world so well? Get your own digital marketing compass and find out how
Where are we hosting you? The Scotch Whisky Experience Vaults, of course! A peaceful wee gem, overlooking the city, with state of the art tech and the perfect working vibe. There will be plenty of space for spreading out and delicious, Scottish meals and snacks to keep your creative fire stoked..Contact
Booked your session already?
Get all the details you need here.
8 Million Stories on TDCo Blog
Read the posts the 8MS team can't wait to shareRead Blog
SEO Skills Test
Think you know everything about SEO?Take Test
Check out our related .Courses
Looking to add an extra topping for your skills smorgasbord?
Mix and match .Courses to find your perfect combination.
Looking for In-House Training? Try .Co-Create
If you're a business in need of some truly flexible and completely collaborative training for your teams, we've got just the solution for you.Let's Co-Create