Complete Guide to launching digital products and services
All Levels | Edinburgh
Complete Guide to launching digital products and services
Take your product to market with Digital.
We are in an era where digital is a key channel for small business to launch new digital products and services - so how do you ensure you brief and build the right things?
This course will help you begin to understand the basics - helping you research, plan and launch more effectively.
You'll learn the importance of understanding your audience, and how to create a justification, vision and roadmap. You'll also learn how to keep stakeholders on board and measure success.
All of our .Courses are guided by the people who are taking part, be sure to tell us all about yourself and your ideal objectives beforehand and we'll tailor your digital marketing session to you (and your fellow attendees) as much as possible.
What will my day look like?
Expect a deep-dive into the best practices when launching digital product or service...
... brought to life by practical examples and made relevant to you through discussion and debate.
- 1 Day Intensive Course
- 9.30am – 4.30pm (Meals & snacks on us!)
- No more than 10 participants
- City Centre location – The Scotch Whisky Experience
An engaging, interactive session based on a presentation. Session includes scenario based exercises, digital takeaways and shares example templates.
The small group of 10 participants ensures you get the answers you are looking for and to spark great conversations without anyone getting lost in the crowd.
You’ll also get virtual access to the trainer if you have any questions after the session as well as everything you need to start work on your own strategy.
Should I take this course?
Working on behalf of your client
If you are working on behalf of a client who is looking to launch a new website or app and want to ensure you are doing it right.
Small business working with an agency
If you play a role in a team that is looking to launch a new website or app and want to ensure your agency is building the right thing.
Small business with an in house team
If you play a role in a team that is responsible for digital and want to ensure your agency or in-house team is building the right thing.
How will I benefit?
You will walk out the door understanding:
- Best practice to understand your audience and their needs
- How to produce, agree and communicate a product justification and vision
- Importance of agreeing a clear roadmap and engaging stakeholders / users
- Best practice principles for true iteration
- How to define and measure success
You will be able to:
- Clearly understand what you are building, how you are building it and why
- Build your product in the right order to meet the needs of your users
- Gain commitment from stakeholders across an agreed project roadmap
- Understand how to iterate and avoid uneducated changes
What you will learn
- Importance of strategy
- Product management and ownership
- Delivery methods (agile and lean principles)
Essential pre-training considerations
- Do we proactively identify the challenges we face as a business?
- Do we have a strategy and who creates it?
- Who decides whether changes to our website go live?
- How do we measure success?
- Sources of data
- Convergence and prioritisation
- Assumed facts
- What data do we use to understand the needs of users?
- How do we bring together these data sources?
- How do we make improvements over time to new releases?
- Product justification
- Product vision
- Product roadmap
- Engaging with stakeholders
- Does our product or service have a justification, vision and roadmap?
- Why do we make changes to products and services?
- Who are my stakeholders and why?
- Importance of measuring success
- Benefits analysis
- Measurement frameworks
- Tagging principles
- What is our plan for measuring success?
- What benefits do we want to realise from the launch?
- Can we measure whether changes are effective?
- Starting from scratch
- Reviewing the existing strategy
- How do we implement the framework?
- How do we audit our performance?
- How do we plan for the future?
- How do we promote our product?
Is launching your product critical to business success? Make sure you smash it out the parkBook this .Course
The pace of change brought by digital technology and ever changing user behaviour deserves a proactive response from businesses. I don't think anyone has all the answers, but I hope to give you some perspective on how you can begin a process of iteration to achieve a better experience and increased growth
Digital Marketing Strategist
Calum is a digital strategist with a passion for defining digital strategy and digital products for users.
He has experience setting the strategy for and delivering across search, social, web analytics, information architecture and content design. Calum has worked within the public and private sector for over seven years. His motivation is defining and growing great digital products using methods routed in earned and owned media.
If you do what you have always done, you'll get what you have always got
Where are we hosting you? The Scotch Whisky Experience Vaults, of course! A peaceful wee gem, overlooking the city, with state of the art tech and the perfect working vibe. There will be plenty of space for spreading out and delicious, Scottish meals and snacks to keep your creative fire stoked..Contact
Booked your session already?
Get all the details you need here.
TDCo Guests are Blogging
Read the posts our TDCo Guests can't wait to shareRead Blog
Integrated Skills Test
Think you know everything about Integrated Marketing?Take Test
Check out our related .Courses
Looking to add an extra topping for your skills smorgasbord?
Mix and match .Courses to find your perfect combination.
Looking for In-House Training? Try .Co-Create
If you're a business in need of some truly flexible and completely collaborative training for your teams, we've got just the solution for you.Let's Co-Create