How to adopt a Mobile First Marketing Strategy
Experienced / Expert | Edinburgh
How to adopt a Mobile First Marketing Strategy
Stay abreast of customer habits by putting 'mobile first'.
As the time we spend on the web increasingly shifts away from desktops and laptops to mobile devices, brands need to address the specific requirements of the mobile user.
This course will show you how to look at mobile as an essential element to be integrated into overall digital marketing campaigns.
We’ll be looking at what it means to go ‘mobile first’ and explore how you can make the mobile user the primary focus of any strategy.
You'll understand how web design and development trends adapt to mobile-first best practice in digital marketing and how you can make sure your campaigns offer the best possible user experience on mobile.
All of our .Courses are guided by the people who are taking part, be sure to tell us all about yourself and your ideal objectives beforehand and we'll tailor your digital marketing session to you (and your fellow attendees) as much as possible.
What will my day look like?
Expect a deep-dive into the importance of a mobile-first approach in digital marketing...
… Brought to life by practical examples, made relevant to you through discussion and debate.
- 1 Day Classroom Course
- 9.30am – 4.30pm (Meals & snacks on us!)
- No more than 20 participants
- City Centre location – The Scotch Whisky Experience
An engaging, interactive session based on a presentation with examples relating to your industry. It also includes digital takeaways and detailed information about channel-specific mobile-first considerations in digital marketing.
The group of up to 20 participants ensures you get the answers you are looking for and to spark great conversations without anyone getting lost in the crowd.
You’ll also get virtual access to the trainer if you have any questions after the session as well as everything you need to start applying your new knowledge in the real world.
Should I take this course?
Digital Marketers starting out
If you're looking to improve your digital marketing skills, broaden your horizons and extend your online skills with a comprehensive overview of mobile first considerations and project implementation.
Digital Marketers and Managers
If you're responsible for shaping digital marketing strategy and decisions in an organisation and are hoping to extend and update your understanding of digital marketing to the mobile user, this session is ideal.
Business looking to integrate mobile
Ideal if you're looking to integrate Mobile into your strategy for a first time. Or even if you're wondering how mobile can fit within a broader mobile strategy and what benefits the approach will have for your business.
How will I benefit?
You will walk out the door understanding:
- The considerations when integrating a mobile-first digital marketing approach
- The mobile marketing landscape and its trends
- How to adapt your owned, earned and paid media strategies for mobile
- That the user and user experience is at the core of all mobile-first considerations
- Best practice digital marketing techniques for a mobile audience
- The opportunities and challenges with marketing to a mobile audience
You will be able to:
- Review your existing digital marketing from a mobile-first lense
- Revamp your digital marketing with a view to go mobile-first
- Use your digital marketing channels to connect with your mobile target audience effectively
- Develop your own mobile-first digital marketing plan by focusing on the mobile user
- Measure and analyse you mobile-first digital marketing activity
What you will learn
- The case for mobile-first
- The changing landscape, trends and drivers
Essential pre-training considerations:
- What is the state of the mobile landscape today?
- What is a mobile-first strategy?
- Do I have one already?
- Do I need a mobile-first approach?
- Why is important for me?
- Overview of important mobile-first considerations
- Consumer trends, user journeys, audience research
- Web design and development trends
- Local & international considerations
- What do I need to consider when thinking mobile first?
- Do I know enough about my target audience’s mobile behaviour and customer journey?
- Channel specific mobile-first strategies
- Organic Search
- Paid Search
- Content Marketing
- Social Media
- Paid Media
- App Marketing
- Measurement & Analysis
- What are the key channel-specific considerations when it comes to marketing to a mobile audience?
- How do I measure performance and success?
- Case studies and examples from different industries
- Identifying mobile marketing opportunities
- Developing a mobile-first campaign plan
- What brands have put successful mobile-first strategies in place?
- What do mobile-first strategies look like based on different objectives?
- Starting from scratch
- Reviewing the existing strategy
- Quick wins and longer term objectives – practical planning tips
- How do I kick-start this process?
- What role does mobile play for my business at the moment?
- How can I develop a mobile-first approach to digital marketing?
Your customers are mobile first, are you?Book this .Course
In my day to day agency role, I help brands focus and achieve their goals through bespoke digital marketing strategies. Being a trainer allows me to talk to digital marketers of all levels, learn more about their unique objectives and challenges and coach different ways of driving digital performance
Cross Digital Pioneer
As the Head of Client Services, Pam has an exceptional ability to see to the heart of a client's individual needs. She's got 10 years of experience and has overseen largest international digital marketing campaigns around.
Working with brands like British Airways, BBC and Tesco Direct, Pam has put her longstanding SEO skills to good use. Now, she specialises in helping businesses develop and refine digital and content strategies that make a difference.
Your customers are increasingly mobile, you should be too
Where are we hosting you? The Scotch Whisky Experience Vaults, of course! A peaceful wee gem, overlooking the city, with state of the art tech and the perfect working vibe. There will be plenty of space for spreading out and delicious, Scottish meals and snacks to keep your creative fire stoked..Contact
Booked your session already?
Get all the details you need here.
8 Million Stories on TDCo Blog
Read the posts the 8MS team can't wait to shareRead Blog
Integrated Skills Test
Think you know everything about Integrated Marketing?Take Test
Check out our related .Courses
Looking to add an extra topping for your skills smorgasbord?
Mix and match .Courses to find your perfect combination.
Looking for In-House Training? Try .Co-Create
If you're a business in need of some truly flexible and completely collaborative training for your teams, we've got just the solution for you.Let's Co-Create