Performance-focused content marketing Part I: building a strategy
Starting Out / Experienced | Edinburgh
Performance-focused content marketing Part I: building a strategy
Plan, create and share business-boosting content.
Discover and define what carefully curated and distributed content can do for your business in the first session in our two-part performance-focused content marketing series. Content is a crucial tool for engaging target audiences and growing business value, but simply creating the right content is only the first step in the journey.
This course explores how to map out ways to create, distribute and promote content so that it reaches and inspires your audience.
You'll understand how to use content within your digital marketing initiatives and, using case studies, we'll discover how content can be effectively used to improve your overall marketing performance and drive revenue.
All of our .Courses are guided by the people who are taking part, be sure to tell us all about yourself and your ideal objectives beforehand and we'll tailor your digital marketing session to you (and your fellow attendees) as much as possible.
What will my day look like?
Expect a step-by-step approach to building your content marketing strategy brought to life by...
... Practical examples, made relevant to you through discussion and debate.
- 1 Day Intensive Course
- 9.30am – 4.30pm (Meals & snacks on us!)
- No more than 10 participants
- City Centre location – The Scotch Whisky Experience
An engaging, interactive session based on a presentation with digital takeaways, including a framework for developing your content marketing strategy.
The small group of 10 participants ensures you get the answers you are looking for and to spark great conversations without anyone getting lost in the crowd.
You’ll also get virtual access to the trainer if you have any questions after the session as well as everything you need to start applying your new knowledge in the real world.
Should I take this course?
Marketers and graduates starting out
Recently moved into a marketing position or not long out of university? This training will help you gain a holistic understanding out how content marketing in planned towards overall business objectives.
Senior Marketers and decision makers
Discover how to develop a strategic approach for content marketing, expand your marketing planning skillset and understand the business benefits of content marketing, whether for your organisation or for agency clients.
Businesses in need of a fresh take on content
Ensure that the people responsible for shaping content marketing strategy and decisions in your organisation understand the business opportunities and potential pitfalls of any new content venture with business-orientated training.
How will I benefit?
You will walk out the door understanding:
- The impact content marketing initiatives can have on the bottom line
- The process of developing ongoing content marketing strategies
- The elements, approach and building blocks required to build a content strategy
- The types of content to be created and ways of promoting it online
- The importance of setting KPIs and measuring content performance
You will be able to:
- Use the content marketing strategy framework for your business
- Develop a performance-focused content strategy that's right for you
- Integrate content into your wider digital marketing strategy
- Start audience analysis and segmentation
- Set up, measure and analyse your content marketing performance
What you will learn
- What is content marketing?
- What is content marketing strategy?
Essential pre-training considerations:
- Why do I need content marketing?
- Why is important to have a content marketing strategy?
- Overview of content types & formats
- Overview of content channels
- Framework and process to building an effective content marketing strategy
- What do I need to consider for content strategy development?
- Do I have a framework in place to implement a content strategy?
- Building blocks include:
- Objectives, Benchmarking & KPIs
- Business strengths, weaknesses, USPs
- Industry Landscape & Competitors
- Target audience segmentation & content consumption analysis
- Content asset planning
- Content promotion planning
- Tracking, reporting & analysis
- Do I understand the building blocks to a content strategy?
- Why they are important?
- How will they feed into the strategy development?
- How do the needs and behaviours of my target audiences inform my content strategy?
- Content marketing strategy development
- Real-world examples from different industries for different audiences and objectives
- What role should content play for my organisation?
- How have different brands put in place content marketing strategies?
- What do strategies look like based on different objectives?
- Starting from scratch
- Reviewing existing content
- Management buy-in
- Resourcing & structure
- Data & infrastructure
- How do I kick-start this process?
- How do I make the business case for content marketing and overcome objections?
- Do I have all the information or resources I need to produce a content strategy?
Stop chatting to yourself. A good content strategy identifies what to say and, equally importantly, where and when to say itBook this .Course
In my day to day agency role, I help brands focus and achieve their goals through bespoke digital marketing strategies. Being a trainer allows me to talk to digital marketers of all levels, learn more about their unique objectives and challenges and coach different ways of driving digital performance
Cross digital pioneer
As the Head of Client Services, Pam has an exceptional ability to see to the heart of a client's individual needs. She's got 10 years of experience and has overseen largest international digital marketing campaigns around.
Working with brands like British Airways, BBC and Tesco Direct, Pam has put her longstanding SEO skills to good use. Now, she specialises in helping businesses develop and refine digital and content strategies that make a difference.
Engage, inspire and retain target audiences with a cleverly honed content strategy
Where are we hosting you? The Scotch Whisky Experience Vaults, of course! A peaceful wee gem, overlooking the city, with state of the art tech and the perfect working vibe. There will be plenty of space for spreading out and delicious, Scottish meals and snacks to keep your creative fire stoked..Contact
Booked your session already?
Get all the details you need here.
8 Million Stories on TDCo Blog
Read the posts the 8MS team can't wait to shareRead Blog
SEO Skills Test
Think you know everything about SEO?Take Test
Check out our related .Courses
Looking to add an extra topping for your skills smorgasbord?
Mix and match .Courses to find your perfect combination.
Looking for In-House Training? Try .Co-Create
If you're a business in need of some truly flexible and completely collaborative training for your teams, we've got just the solution for you.Let's Co-Create