Starting Out / Experienced | Edinburgh
Create powerful copy that attracts, engages and converts.
Writing effective digital content takes more than just great copywriting skills, you also need a working knowledge of the target audience, business goals, content marketing, user experience and device/platform requirements.
If you are required to create, edit or re-purpose digital copy and content to educate, communicate, inform, engage and sell to specific target audiences - then this course is for you. Digital Copywriting will help you get started writing for the Web and hone your existing writing skills.
All of our .Courses are guided by the people who are taking part, be sure to tell us all about yourself and your ideal objectives beforehand and we'll tailor your digital marketing session to you (and your fellow attendees) as much as possible.
What will my day look like?
Expect tons of interaction, discussion, debate and group exercises...
… as we’ll be writing for multiple platforms. Flex those fingers and get ready to Tweet, blog and develop your copy skills.
- 1 Day Intensive Course
- 9.30am – 4.30pm (Meals & snacks on us!)
- Up to 10 participants
- City Centre location – The Scotch Whisky Experience
An engaging, interactive session with digital takeaways, including a checklist of digital copywriting requirements - basically, everything you need to hit the ground running.
The small group of 10 participants ensures you get the answers you are looking for and to spark great conversations without anyone getting lost in the crowd.
You’ll also get virtual access to the trainer if you have any questions after the session as well as everything you need to start applying your new knowledge in the real world.
Should I take this course?
Individuals who create, edit or repurpose digital copy or content
This course is perfect for marketers and copywriters who want to learn how to write impactful digital copy or content across different digital marketing platforms.
Senior copywriters with a predominantly offline background
Seasoned copywriters who require a grounding in the principles of writing for digital media will learn how to utilise their existing knowledge and experience and apply it to different digital mediums.
Business developing their owned media platforms
Perfect for businesses looking to bring content production in house, embarking on a new content marketing strategy or hoping to train an internal team of digital copywriters.
How will I benefit?
You will walk out the door understanding:
- The science behind how people read and react to your copy
- The power of persuasion and the importance of structure
- Copywriting best practice: practical tips and advice
- How to adapt your copy to work with every key platform and device
You will be able to:
- Tackle your copywriting projects effectively and with confidence
- Create, edit or repurpose digital copy for specific target audiences
- Write effective digital content using knowledge of your;
- - Audience
- - Business goals
- - Content marketing requirements
- - Device/platform requirements
What you will learn
- Accessibility considerations
- The way people read online (and evidence to support this)
- The personal nature of the web
- Content marketing considerations
Essential Pre-training considerations
- What are the challenges of reading online?
- How can we aid user scanning?
- How can we engage with users in a personal way?
- How do we reach new users and develop relationships?
- Planning your content and defining goals
- Understanding your audience and developing propositions
- Digital copywriting principles and best practice
- SEO and copy optimisation
- Content marketing considerations
- How can we match customer intent, meet their needs and satisfy business goals?
- How do we develop personal content that meets user expectations?
- How can we attract, engage and convert web users through digital content?
- Where can we showcase content off-site?
- The power of storytelling and psychology of persuasive content
- Developing content throughout the conversion funnel
- Copywriting for social media sites, blogs and email
- Copywriting for responsive sites and mobile
- Managing common digital content pitfalls
- Where do I start?
- How can we make compelling connections and inspire a two-way dialogue with our audience?
- How do we develop content for different audience needs and stages?
- How do we develop content for multiple platforms and devices?
- How do we tackle content migration, content saturation, redundant, out of date or trivial content?
- Performance metrics
- User testing
- A/B, Split and Multivariate testing
- Content personalisation
- How well does your content help your visitors through the conversion funnel?
- How well does your content engage and involve your visitors?
- Can this be improved?
'Write drunk, edit sober' - Ernest HemmingwayBook this .Course
As an experienced user experience designer and CRO consultant, I am passionate about using data to inform the design and optimisation of web, mobile and responsive sites rather than drive design work and testing; it removes the guesswork out of decision making.
Owner and founder of Informed Design, Sarah has 15 years of digital marketing experience and she spent eight of those with one of the top digital agencies in Europe. Used to leading complex international design and marketing campaigns for brands of all sizes, she's got a real eye for detail as well as plenty of exciting ideas for the bigger picture.
An enthusiastic trainer who's also the driving force behind countless fantastic UX and CRO campaigns, Sarah's a warm, calming and inspiring presence.
'I would have written less, I just didn't have the time'
Where are we hosting you? The Scotch Whisky Experience Vaults, of course! A peaceful wee gem, overlooking the city, with state of the art tech and the perfect working vibe. There will be plenty of space for spreading out and delicious, Scottish meals and snacks to keep your creative fire stoked..Contact
Booked your session already?
Get all the details you need here.
Informed Design on TDCo Blog
Read the posts the Informed Design team can't wait to share.Read Blog
UX Skills Test
Think you know everything about User Experience?Take Test
Check out our related .Courses
Looking to add an extra topping for your skills smorgasbord?
Mix and match .Courses to find your perfect combination.
Looking for In-House Training? Try .Co-Create
If you're a business in need of some truly flexible and completely collaborative training for your teams, we've got just the solution for you.Let's Co-Create